There is nothing I love more than snuggling up on the couch after a long week or let’s be honest, after one too many champagne cocktails. Taking the time to unwind and relax when I’m basically balancing three full time jobs is absolutely crucial these days and the chill environment I set up in our loft is equally important. Luckily, the new LOFT collection from Red Brick Candle offers up some pretty amazing scents that are sure to relax you in an instant. My favorite so far, No. 1. The perfect mix of rich maple and vanilla, this candle is a huge hit in our house.
Based in Atlanta, Red Brick Candle has set out on a mission to make beautiful, hand-crafted candles with a focus on simplicity, beauty and sophistication. So basically everything I love! The best part – the variety of Red Brick Candles are designed to be burned together, creating rich candlescapes that add the perfect touch of warmth to any setting. Definitely ideal for those “me” moments after cranking out a to do list or press release.
The lifestyle + home brand also commits to donating ten percent of every dollar they make to community development and urban revitalization efforts in the U.S., with a special focus on the arts and education initiatives in their hometown, Atlanta, GA. So basically, you nee to shop, like now.
Keep reading for a few of my favorite tips to unwind + celebrate the smaller moments in life:
1. Disconnect. No Seriously. After spending hours answering emails, checking Instagram, crossing things of an epic to-do list and wrapping up ten different projects, my favorite things to do is put my phone down + turn the computer off. I might watch Netflix for two hours without checking Twitter or cook dinner with G without looking at my phone every time I get an email notification. Let me tell you, it is the best feeling. If you can only disconnect for a few hours, do it (now!)
2. Give yourself a spa day. Depending on how much time you are able to set aside, treat yourself with a little at home mani/pedi or facial. Or, if you are lucky toughen, maybe persuade your guy to give you a foot massage (still working on that one).
3. Pile on the comfy throws and snuggle deep into a pillow fort. One of my favorite ways to truly wind down is to get in the coziest setting possible and just relax. Whether it’s reading a book on my iPad or watching a movie with George, there is something so amazing about just being comfortable and not worrying up work.
4. Take a few extra minutes in the morning before you start hacking away at that to do list to just enjoy a good cup of coffee. Break out a few magazines or read up on some of your favorite coffee table books for some inspiration. You’d be amazed to see how just giving yourself a little break or delayed start to your day can really help everything fit into place.
5. And obviously, you can’t go wrong with lighting a few candles. There’s a reason almost all spas have these babies in the room. There’s something about the natural fragrance and warm feel that make those relaxing moments that much more enjoyable.
Now go relax, ladies!
P.S. Don’t forget to enter the $100 Chic Wish gift card giveaway!
This post is sponsored by Red Brick Candle. Thank you for supporting the fabulous brands that keep Fashionably Lo’s door open!
Get Fashionably Lo updates + exclusive posts directly to your inbox by subscribing to the #FashionablyLo newsletter here!