When I look at this dress, it just screams summer. Maybe it’s the seersucker. Maybe it’s the off the shoulder cut. Maybe it’s the lightweight fabric. Maybe it’s the fact that I was standing outside in 80+ degrees humidity in Atlanta which is our definition of summer…
Either way, the whole look got me pretty excited for summer and with tomorrow being the first day of June, I thought I’d put together a little summer checklist of things I wanted to do this season! Nothing exciting or too groundbreaking but I’ve realized lately that when I write things down, especially for your eyes to see, I feel more inspired to actually break away from my rut and go out and do #allthethings.
So without further ado…
My 2018 Summer Checklist
- Read five books. Seriously, I’ve got to open a book more and put the screen down.
- Take a girls trip somewhere tropical. Fingers crossed I can make this happen soon with my girls over at Blu Hazl!! (stay tuned for some exciting things to come)
- Go to a cooking class and make something delicious and summery.
- Dance the night away at Johnny’s Hideaway at least TWICE. If you live in Atlanta, you know how important it is that I make this happen.
- Be basic AF and have a picnic in the park.
- Declutter my shoe collection and possibly buy some new wedges.
- Give myself summer hours for blog work i.e. end work at 2:00pm every Friday and just go out and enjoy the weather.
- Go to a sporting event. I have no idea what sports go on during summer but I wanna go to a game or match of some sort. Soccer? Golf? No clue.
- Pick up photography again and try to make that business actually happen.
- Downsize my swimsuit collection and invest in better quality pieces.
- Take a spontaneous trip one weekend – i.e. wake up, book a flight and go that same day.
- Throw an al fresco dinner party for friends.
- Go to a concert or live music show.
- Sing karaoke in front of a crowd.
- Try getting a spray tan for the first time.
- Get on a boat on a lake or ocean and live my best life.
- Take an outdoor workout class.
- Find a new summer sangria recipe and sip it on the patio.
- Take a road trip somewhere close-ish.
- Enjoy life!!! Seriously, I need to chill the eff out sometimes and just enjoy the day.
Do you guys make summer checklists? Have things you totally want to do this season? Sound off in the comments below!!