This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #APassionForHair #CollectiveBias
If you have been following along since the start of Fashionably Lo, there’s a pretty good chance you’ve seen me in about every possible hair color. I’ve had red hair, auburn hair, black hair, blonde hair, brown hair, back to black hair and now I’m blonde again. I definitely get this from my mom. Ever since I can remember, she’s always experimented with different styles and shades and seriously – everything looks good on her. That is not the case for me as I soon came to realize! But after my latest adventure in color, I think I came to the conclusion that short, blonde curls can totally be my thing. I actually haven’t changed my look for over a year which is pretty rare for me.
I’ve been a brighter shade of blonder since making the changes in December 2015 and have tried out a few different variations since. Although we’re heading into spring, I wanted to try a richer, darker hue that could help transition my winter ‘do into the warmer months. And let’s be real y’all, sometimes I just don’t have time (or the dolla billz) to make it into a salon. I take my at-home hair care very seriously as I want the best for my curls so when I came across Schwarzkopf Hair Color and heard some of the great reviews, I knew this was the perfect brand to try for a Saturday night makeover.
I love that this stuff offers up professional quality hair color (at home!!) that is super easy to use and also produces a gorgeous color result that actually lasts. I used the Schwarzkopf® Color Ultîme® Iconic Blondes 7.0 Dark Blonde Hair Color and am obsessed with the vibrant shade and shine I noticed almost immediately.
Check the quick & easy tutorial below!
[one_half padding=”0 5px 0 0″][/one_half][one_half_last padding=”0 0px 0 5px”][/one_half_last]
- Start with dry, semi-clean hair (i.e. no product build up!)
- Put on the plastic gloves that come with the hair color kit to avoid any messy mistakes.
- Pour the Color Cream into the Applicator Bottle and give it a good shake.
- Apply to your roots if they’re darker or overgrown and let sit for 20 minutes.
- Apply the remaining mixture all over and let site for an additional 5-15 minutes.
- Because I only wanted a slight change, I applied the full mixture to my entire head and let sit for about 7 minutes.
- When you’re ready, rinse the entire mixture. I like to finish it off with Shampoo to make sure I get any build up.
- Use the Intensive Care Elixir to add moisture back into your hair and then finish off with a good leave in conditioner.
DYK you can pick up Schwarzkopf Hair Color at Walmart for a super affordable price? Click here to shop!
Your hair looks awesome and the process seems easier than I thought it would be!
Comments are closed.