I cannot believe we are already in October. I mean, how is that possible?? We officially have three more months left in 2018 and then we’re in a whole new year. I just can’t even.
As crazy as it is to deal with the fact that the year is almost over, I also can’t help but get excited because that also means we’re entering into holiday season…which means holiday entertaining. And that is something I can get behind.
Now that we’re slowly getting settled into the new house, you better believe I want to host all of the things this year. Housewarming, Halloween party, Friendsgiving, maybe Thanksgiving, Christmas parties, etc. I want to do it all.
But let’s be real, that’s a tall order. Throwing one dinner party let alone mutliple parties over the course of a few months can run anyone down. Lucky for me, I’ve got a brand new assistant…and she’s pretty awesome.
Meet my new best friend – The Family Hub Refrigerator from Samsung. You guys – I can’t even begin to explain how obsessed I am with this thing. It’s like The Jetsons meet Smart House…and then they get together to help me totally conquer the holiday season. This refrigerator does it all, and then some. Don’t get me wrong – it’s an investment – but it is so worth it. Not only does it just totally upgrade our kitchen (see the before here) but it has so many amazing features for everyday use that also double as the perfect helper as you get ready for that next dinner party.
As I start to gear up for the season, I thought I’d share a few of my go-to tips for making sure you’re all ready to go for your next dinner party. Whether you have a Family Hub Refrigerator (you should totally get one) or you’re just looking to get a little more organized before your next opportunity to play hostess-with-the-mostest, check these out!
How to Prep for Holiday Entertaining 101
- Menu Planning: spoiler – this is important. I am by no means a chef but as I learn more and more about cooking and food prep, I’ve also come to realize the importance of menu planning. Rather than just whipping things up day-of, I love to plan out a full menu no matter the occasion. The Family Hub comes with this awesome Meal Planner app which allows you to search for new recipe ideas, mark favorites and add them to a calendar. You can add items for the planned meals to your shopping list with a touch of a button and it’s such a great way to keep your menus organized. I like to make a menu for each party and then work backwards from there (see below). Sidenote: I also just love the idea of writing out a menu on a cute chalkboard for an added touch of “hey, look how cute I am.”
- Multiple Shopping Lists: Similar to making separate menus, I swear by making multiple shopping lists. One per menu in addition to a general shopping list for your entertaining staples. This list can include things like toothpicks, seasonings, olive oil, fresh herbs, wine, sparkling water, etc. Items I consider staples are the items I tend to use daily and that also double as the perfect ingredients for party prep. I use the Shopping List app on The Family Hub and can easily add to it whenever I think of new items for an upcoming menu or a staple I recently ran out of. This helps if you’re looking to stay super organized and if you’re a fan of lists like me…I’m sure you can see why I love this feature so much.
- Organize Your Tasks: In the spirit of lists, get ready for the ultimate to-do list feature. This just might be the thing I love most on The Family Hub. I love a good task list and I love even more than I can stay organized and on top of all upcoming tasks straight from the front of my refrigerator. I keep a separate list for food prep, party planning, work/admin items and more. Seeing everything in one place and also cross checking different lists to stay sane is super helpful to my personal productivity. You can also sync the list to your phone with the app (more on the connectivity features later) and that is something that totally comes in clutch when I’m on the go and think of something new I need to get done!
- Use Technology: Whether it’s a smart fridge like The Family Hub or your smartphone, it’s time to become one with 2018. And friends, that means technology. Use it to your advantage. One of the things I seriously can’t get enough of when it comes to The Family Hub is how seamless the technology capabilities are. I can order my groceries directly from the Instacart app. I can view inside the fridge without opening the doors – how cool is that! I can utilize that feature to add new items to my grocery list. Just all the things – and it’s all made possible due to the awesome tech features. Whether you’re using an app to order groceries or just simplifying your task list, don’t be afraid to cut down on the extra “noise” with the help of technology!
- Relax: Now that you have all of these ways to stay organized and on top of your party prep, the best thing you can do is just relax. Don’t stress about the to-do list or the menu or the grocery shopping. Remember the reason you’re doing all of this. To celebrate and bring people together. I have no issues with kicking back with a glass of wine and binge watching a new season on Netflix…and honestly all of that is possible because I know The Family Hub totally has my back!
This post was written in collaboration with Samsung. All thoughts & opinions are my own.