This post is sponsored by P&G via Mode Media.
I don’t know about you guys, but I feel like I have been having major hair troubles this season. It might be the frigid air or the constant rain and flurries, but my locks are just not as smooth and are totally dry lately. In comes Head & Shoulders to the rescue. I was lucky enough to try their Moisture Care collection of products recently and I absolute loved it! Definitely a must try for my textured girls out there.
Because I have extremely curly hair, I am constantly struggling with dry and frizzy locks — especially in the winter! To fight the frizz and get smooth, soft hair for the perfect simple updo, I used the Moisture Care Shampoo and Conditioner in place of my typical products. To say I am a huge fan is a major understatement. Not only does my hair feel smoother and softer but it was way more manageable than usual. For a quick updo, I just ran my blow-dryer through my curls, flat ironed it straight and added a few waves with a wand. Then, I pinned it all back and teased the front/top for a little mod appeal. I also LOVE the Scalp Soother treatment to use in between washes. The perfect touch to a smoother look.
Check out some more of the great benefits of Head & Shoulders below!
Moisture Care Collection
- Provides moisture for scalp and hair immediately and over time, helping to eliminate dandruff and leave you 100% flake-free
- Designed for textured hair
- Collection includes a shampoo, 2-in-1, co-wash and scalp soother
- Main ingredients include vitamin E rich almond oil, coconut essence and dandruff-fighting ingredient zinc pyrithione (ZPT)
- Activated on contact with water, the formula targets the scalp and penetrates into the surface skin
- From there, the formula releases ZPT into the scalp to work as a barrier against scalp irritants, which can cause dandruff, and help improve natural moisture over time
- Co-washes, short for conditioner washes, have emerged as one of the alternatives to traditional shampooing and conditioning on days women wish to omit shampoo
- Gently cleanses hair and moisturizes
- For best results, use at least twice a week or as directed by a doctor
- Shake before use
- Wet hair, massage on scalp, rinse, repeat if desired
Scalp Soother Benefits/Instructions
- Includes peppermint oil complex and Vitamin E that cools the scalp and improves moisture balance
- Should be used in between washes to immediately provide a cooling feel
- Apply directly to the scalp by spraying 15 pumps at the roots
- Massage in with fingertips
- Can be applied to wet or dry hair
Head and Shoulders scientists explored the unique needs and characteristics of African American hair and found a drastic need for moisture and protection. Head & Shoulders NEW Moisture Care collection, with Vitamin E rich almond oil and coconut essence, provides moisture for scalp and hair immediately and also over time, eliminating dandruff and leaving you 100% flake-free. For more information, visit Head & Shoulders on Facebook (www.facebook.com/headandshoulders) and follow @HeadShoulders on Twitter.
Get Fashionably Lo updates + exclusive posts directly to your inbox by subscribing to the #FashionablyLo newsletter here!