Well friends, we’re T minus one day until we leave for our next adventure. If you haven’t seen by now on my IG, Brandon and I are heading to South Africa and I literally could not be more excited. We have been planning this trip since July (we scored super cheap tickets) and I can’t believe it’s finally here. We leave tomorrow night and have a ton of amazing things planned for the next week and a half. Seriously, couldn’t be more excited!
Since this is my last post before we head out and my last post until we return, I thought I’d make it a fun one and share a little peek into our itinerary and some of the items I’m packing. Oh, and did I mention I’m packing for 6 nights/7 days in a CARRY ON??? Yeah, should be interesting.
[themify_col grid=”2-1 first”][/themify_col] [themify_col grid=”2-1″][/themify_col]
Our Itinerary…In a Nutshell
Let me start out by saying I am an OCD planner when it comes to traveling. I plan out as much as I can down to the naps and the time it takes to get form point A to point B. For this trip, there’s nothing new but I did try to keep some flexibility in mind so we could attempt some spontaneity.
For the London Layover
- We have about10 hours in London before we take the second leg of our trip to JoBurg
- I have to visit Farm Girl in Notting Hill (thanks to Jessica’s blog post rec)
- We’re also planning to visit/see Big Ben, the London Eye and Westminster Abbey.
- What else should we do??? We have a good 6-7 hours in the actual city, comment below with suggestions!
We’re Going on Safari
- I’m going to wait to share the actual location for our first two nights until we arrive but I am so so so excited for this place. As soon as we booked our tickets, I was on the hunt for a luxury safari reserve for a romantic few nights with B before we meet up with friends. Can’t wait.
- I’ve got my timbs packed and my adorable new hat ready to go. We are planning to do a ton of game drives so we can see the Big 5
While in Cape Town
- We’re in Cape Town for 4 nights and 4.5 days so it’s safe to say I’m packing in as much as I can
- So far, we have some of the big activities on our itinerary like a visit to Robben Island, Bo Kaap and Table Mountain
- We’re playing with penguins people. I cannot wait to visit Boulders Beach and see the penguins everyone raves about. I mean, how cute will those IG pics be??
- I can’t wait to enjoy all of the wine and amazing food. We’re visiting Constantia Glen and some super fun restaurants like GOLD (live drumming? yes please) and The Bombay Bicycle Club (celebs go!)
- Any more suggestions? Drop ’em below!
Checkout some of the pieces I’m packing below and head over to my IG Stories for a full breakdown of the looks!
So…peace out! I’ll be back to business January 29th!
SHOP THE LOOK