Spoiler alert – I love booty bands. They are my go-to for workouts at home, on the road or when traveling and I even love getting in a few exercises using them at the gym.
They’re just an all-around awesome thing to have in your arsenal and because you can do so many different exercises with them, the opportunities are endless.
One of my favorite things to work with resistance bands are my glutes – i.e. the booty in booty bands.
Leg day can get exhausting so when I’m looking for lower impact exercises that still pack a whole lotta punch, these are the five I turn to!
BOOTY BAND CIRCUIT – GLUTES
Do 10-12 reps of each exercise for a total of 3-5 rounds. You can mix this circuit in with cardio or another variation of leg exercises!
- Glute bridge abductors: place the band right above your knees. Raise your hips off the ground and then start by pulsing your knees outward. You’ll feel this in the inner and outer thighs.
- Raised bridge single leg lifts: setup like you did for the first exercise. Once you’re raised, extend your right leg and pulse it up and then back down without lowering your hips. Repeat with the other leg.
- Clamshells: lay on your side and stack your legs bent on top of eachother. Pulse open and then tap your knee back down to close. Repeat on the other side
- Lateral band walks: place the band above your knees and stand with feet slightly wider than hip width apart. Take two side steps to the right and then two side steps to the left while squeezing everything in. That counts as one rep.
- Speed skaters: with the band still above your knees slightly. Skate from side to side with a small bend in your knees (sort of like a half squat).
*Note: I like to go with the heaviest band but start with whatever resistance you’re most comfortable
GET THE LOOK + THE BANDS
I can’t wait to share more exercises with you! What do you want to see more of? What types of fitness and health content is the most helpful? Comment below!