A few weeks ago, I shared just how non-existent my skincare routine was. And last week, I shared all the deets about my first ever facial and it was amazing. It was also a major lightbulb moment. Priya (my incredible aesthetician) shed so much light on my skin, the good things, the bag things and how insanely important it was to start amping up a routine that would keep my skin looking & feeling great. So, she wrote me a customized beauty prescription to get things started and I’m not going to lie, I’ve already noticed a HUGE difference since using these new goodies over the past week and half.
Check out my new routine below and make sure you visit the COSMEDIX site to pick up some things for your routine – oh, and you can thank me later because you’re skin will be lookin fiercceeeee girl.
My Updated Skincare Routine with COSMEDIX
- I start each morning with the Benefit Clean Gentle Cleanser. This stuff is super lightweight, extra gentle (sulfate free!) and perfect for all skin types. The free radical-fighting antioxidants help to defend the skin from environmental stress that can cause inflammation and damage to collagen and elastin — all things that I learned from Priya. Seriously, she was droppin major keys. I apply a small amount worked into a lather and it’s amazing how both clean and moisturizedmy skin feels after.
- Next up, I apply a little of the Simply Brilliant 24/7 Brightening Serum to my freshly cleansed skin. The serum has ten skin-specific brightening ingredients and adds a slight glow to my skin that I just can’t get enough of.
- I finish my quick & easy routine with COSMEDIX’ Moisturizer with Broad Spectrum SPF 50 Sunscreen. I apply a small amount to my face, neck, décolletage and hands for even coverage that both protects and keeps my skin moisturized.
- I love using the Opti Crystal Liquid Crystal Eye Serum at night. After washing my face with the Benefit Clean Gentle Cleanser, I apply a small amount under my eyes to help retain some of the vital moisture in the skin. I’ve only used a few times over the past week and I can already tell a difference in the brightness under my eyes.
- For an extra dose of clean, I use the Purity Detox Scrub at night (probably eery 2 or 3 days depending on the day). I mix with some water or you can add to your cleanser. This stuff gives your skin a good level of exfoliation, getting rid of the clogged pores, dead skin, etc.