This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Olay. The opinions and text are all mine.
We’ve all asked ourselves this question: Do expensive skin creams really work better? Can I find a product in my local drug store that works as good as a pricey cream from a department store? An independent test by the Good Housekeeping Institute showed that Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream outperforms 10 top prestige creams, including one with a $440 price tag. So, the answer is yes (#hallelujah). Read on to see why this magic in a jar is part of my new routine!
Finding the right skin care products can be hard. It has taken me years of trial and error – mostly error – to find products that work best for my skin. I mean, let’s be real. Women are faced with thousands of products and promises and most of those products have a steep price tag. Well ladies, let me introduce you to Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream – or as I described it above, my magic in a jar. And before you ask, no this is not just another anti-aging cream but it’s actually a moisturizing and plumping powerhouse. #Yasssss
“I Have Good Skin Though…”
Did you know hydration is one of the key benefits for younger women seeking preventative anti-aging measure?
I feel pretty blessed to have “good” skin thanks to my momma. I’ve never really struggled with acne other than the occasional breakout. My skin type is pretty “normal” i.e. not oily or super dry. And so far, I don’t have any wrinkles. I’m not saying all of this to brag but, until recently, I thought that I would be set for life. And who knows, maybe I will be. But if there is one thing I’m learning, preventative skincare is just as important as reactive.
Always Do Your Homework
Before I go into too much detail on why I’m obsessed with the Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream, I think it’s helpful to share some of the key results from the latest Good Housekeeping Institute Study. Not to bore you, but because let’s be real. How many products have you purchased in the past without having done any research (raises hand). So here we go:
- This year, GHI tested the latest Micro-Sculpting Cream formula (under $30!), a Good Housekeeping seal holder, against 10 prestige creams found in most department stores. These ranged in price from $26-$440.
- The Good Housekeeping Institute’s Beauty Lab (are you hiring!) conducted clinical and blinded consumer studies, where scientists collected more than 10,000 hydration measurements and Olay rose to the top.
Cool so what were the results though?
- FAST-ACTING: At the three-hour mark, Olay moisturized 400% better than a cream nearly 18 times its price and beat all other products tested.
- LONG-LASTING HYDRATION: Olay increased moisture by 50% on average over a 24-hour period.
- LIGHTWEIGHT TEXTURE: In blind comparisons, consumers preferred Olay 80% of the time over expensive creams, reporting that it felt “rich” without being heavy.
- FIRMING & PLUMPING INGREDIENTS: Formulated with powerhouse ingredients like niacinamide and hyaluronic acid, Olay improved skin’s texture by 10% in four weeks.
So again, do I need to reinforce this whole notion of magic in a jar or do you get it now? And the best part, it’s affordable and won’t break the beauty bank. Holllaaa.
What were MY results?
You might not be able to notice a huge difference below but if I am being 100% candid and transparent with you guys, I’m officially hooked. Almost immediately I started to notice a major boost in hydration and brightness. I’ve always complained that my skin looked dull in the past. I kid you not, after just 1-2 days of using the Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream my skin looked & felt better. Beauty mavens can also expect to notice noticeably firmer skin, improved elasticity and the reduction of fine lines within two weeks. Keep using the cream as part of your routine and you can expect to reduce the look of up to 10 years of wrinkles.
So what have we learned here?
- Hydration is KEY to preventative skincare.
- You do not and should not overspend for great quality products.
- Do your homework and read up on research like the GHI study before making a beauty purchase. It might save you a LOT of time and hassle.